subscribe here for your ask seed fix!

exciting newsflash!


ask seed is finally entering the computer age!

That’s right folks, by simply scrolling down the left hand side of this page, you and your friends can sign up and have ask seed flung through the air and piped directly to your inbox for your reading and viewing pleasure!

May we suggest ducking, ask seed answers are hard-hitting and not for the faint of heart!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
unrelated art for your viewing pleasure!


There are many great things about signing up: a) it’s free; b) it’s spam free; c) it’s entertaining; d) it’s a cross between Savage Love meets Chicken Soup for Your Soul with a heavy dash of Seed; e) it’s a great place to bounce life’s dilemmas off the ask seed collective; and, f) all of the previous plus a whole host of other electrifying reasons and perhaps a touch of nudity.

So wait no longer… scroll and subscribe!

To ask seed a question simply send it to: askseed@hotmail.com


And remember: Be Happy!

note: ask seed does not test any of the questions on animals. At least not yet.

note deux: for your listening pleasure we've added a few songs --- simply select a song below.... press play, scroll and read... tell your friends and, please remember to come back soon!








press play

live to tell


melt with you


what a good boy


one


Saturday, October 27, 2007

question 30: ewooo


question 30: ewooooo


Dear Seed


Hi, what an interesting life you have led...

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

i thought mine was a little bit different not the usual 2.4 children married for 20 yrs plus.. but would trade mine for yours any day...Wow i do envy you...

the people the places you have visited and known...can you tell me one thing though please...how do you afford to live...what pays your rent??.

..ok maybe your books now but in the beginning how did you do it??..

what came first ...the books or the travailing?...

Sorry for hassling you...

Lov Rx

Dear Lov Rx

Quit hassling me… I’m trying to relax here. I’ve got a plane to catch. I’m training to become a midwife. Baseballs on the tube. Locusts… I tripped. Aliens have invaded. I can’t find a clean towel. Just leave me alone… how dare you interrupt my Saturday morning --- more than a year after you’ve asked the question?

“Seed?”

“Yes.”

“Just because you’re answering the query now doesn’t mean what you’re doing now is relevant, fool.”

“But…”

“No buts. No buts.”

Okay, where was I, illustrating, that’s where, I was illustrating the fact that I’ve put myself out there, and since I’ve done this unprovoked, “Inquisitor”, you’re not bugging (hassling) me at all. I’m more than happy to ramble for you.

Do you want to know what is bugging me?

TALK RADIO! That’s right, talk radio, more precisely, any talk radio that has to do with sports. Scotty Rintoul, do you actually listen to how self-absorbed and ridiculous you sound?

I’ll wait for your answer.

A word to the wise… who cares if he plays harder, skates faster, blah, blah, fucking blah… it’s just sports, and at the end of the day, life goes on. Shouldn’t we be more worried about the perils of the planet and the rate of extinction that we’re all facing today… "no," you don’t think so, "Scotty," you think we’re better served by being distracted by you, and million dollar --- highly overpaid athletes. I know, I know… they're only earning what the market will bear. Well, I say, “Sheep of the World,” it is time for us all to pull our heads out of the sand and collapse the fucking market.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I suggest: biting your tongue as I rant a little more: Sports, celebrity, and unchecked capitalism, although natural to man, isn’t to mother nature, and unfortunately, we’re too dumb to see what is coming down the pike. I’m not apocalyptic, however, headline: EXPERTS SAY THE NUMBERS OF GEESE ARE A PROBLEM AND IT IS NECESSARY TO DO A CULL.

Mother Nature says: A GLOBAL POPULATION OF 7... 8... 9 BILLION IS FAR TOO TAXING ON ME, THEREFORE, CULL, CULL, CULL, FUCKING CULL.

But we’re humans, we’re not part of nature.

We’re above all other creatures… we think, we’re logical…

True, true… but we’re logically working towards extinction and we’re even using catch phrases to make it sexy: CARBON FOOTPRINT, SHOCK & AWE… it’s easier to sell us, The Sheep, if we… sex it up a bit.

In the end… naturally, we’ll destroy ourselves… cause, collectively, we’re all trainable lemmings who’ve bought into crap. We dump millions and millions of gallons of water on fires trying to save million dollar homes in places that we had no business over-building, while at the same time, Atlanta, runs dry, and will soon become uninhabitable?

Apparently, without water ---- living gets tougher.

We’ve placed homes above people, why?

Cause the fires are far sexier than a drought --- and sexier sells advertising. And, because action shots of a drought are initially far less spectacular, with the emphasis on initially.

And another thing, further off topic I might add, Joe Leary (talk radio host), yes, Joe Leary, when you are claiming to be as smart as fifth graders, I’d think a little bit about the wording of your statements: “I think I’m smarter than most fifth graders, I consider myself very well appraised* of things…”

“Rx,” sweetie, if you’re a girl, hell, even if you’re a man, anyway, my life isn’t for trade, it’s mine and you can’t have it… what’s so challenging, boring, undervalued, unappeasable in your life that you would even consider dumping if for mine?

Mine is not all glamour. It seems like I’m a jetsetter --- all an illusion created by over-consuming spicy foods and malt liquor.

Embrace your life, it’s yours, the crap, the gems, the tenderness and the additional crap. Survive it. Kiss it. Hug it. And most important, laugh at it. You may ask where am I going with this?

A query shrouded in vagueness, receives a reply that is also vague.

As for envy… STOP THAT… envy is a large portion of the fuck the world equation of mankind. We envy, which creates: wants, which creates: artificial need, which creates: competition, over the stupidest things I might add, ask Mr. Rintoul, which in-turn creates: the number one element of our destruction: unchecked radical religious factions greed, resulting in a widening gap between the haves and the have-nots. The Hiltons and the Rx’s. The Spears and me. The pro athlete and the fan. And we eat it up cause we’ve been conditioned. We’ve all become extensions of greed and our out-of-control pursuit of wealth. We’ve all become walking talking conduits of the marketing campaigns.

Don’t believe me?

Go for a walk. Listen carefully to conversations… do you hear it?

“I love your shirt, where’d you get it?” “You must go to… it’s fabulous.” “Grab me a coke.” “How much did you get that for?” “This restaurant is fantastic, you must go.” “Must buy.” “Got a good deal.” Blah, blah, fucking blah…

Past how are you, I estimate at least eighty-percent of conversation pertains to what’s really important, stuff… you’ve just been served a dash of sarcasm.

My challenge to you: stop the envy parade and try to focus on: I love you, I care about… just for one day… bet you can’t!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

“Rx,” get your ass on the dance floor…

Sorry about that, Eve is playing in the background and I was distracted.

If you’ve read this far, you’re probably not too envious anymore.

“You’re nuts, Seed.”

“How’d you get your fingers on my keyboard? I prefer, burdened.”

Finally, a stab at answering your question: The people, the places?.. How do I afford it?

I haven’t traveled that much, and the traveling I’ve done has been over the course of my life. It’s not as extreme as you make it out to be and as a matter of fact, I haven’t been anywhere in the last four years, unless the store counts. Please tell me it counts… I’m going stir crazy here.

Afford it?

I can’t afford not to. I’m sticking with the one life to live formula, so in that spirit, if traveling leaves me in an impecunious state, so be it. If I can't afford food --- I’ll chow down on our heavily flavored polluted air, breathing must have a caloric value, don’t you think?

Maybe that is why a starving Globe is becoming deliciously obese… irony lives.

The people?

I’m just open to conversation, both absurd, abstract, wacky, occasionally deep, all finished off with a slice of cantaloupe. People are here to be talked to, if not… what good are we?.. oh yeah, worker bees and well conditioned consumers.

How do I afford to live --- and what who pays your rent?

Living, well the other option is dying, therefore, whether I’m in the gutter or a flame engulfed home of the rich and famous, I afford what I can because I’m not ready to die yet.

As for paying my rent: Harry Potter, I wrote the Harry Potter books.

“No you didn’t.”

Okay, I need you to go out and buy, I don’t know, a billion copies of my our first book… go… now. I pay my rent, not through the sale of my books, although one day I hope that is the case. I do whatever I have to do to stay indoors, and at times it has been a struggle, to say the least.

“Rx,” life is about living and embracing it, we’ve all been ushered, in my opinion, down the wrong paths for a long time now, that’s why so many people have tons of stuff, but aren’t happy and think they want something else. A different life. More stuff. Whatever. I feel we’ve all been distracted by crap and we’ve for the most part bought into the distraction, causing us all to spiral upward in the quest for wealth and spiral downward in the destruction of our souls.

Translation: we’re just doing what man has naturally been conditioned to do. In a sense: fuck each other over, most of the time with a smile smirk on our face. I’ve reached the point where I don’t want to buy anymore, and I definitely don’t want to do what the others do. It may not save the world, but it will certainly make my journey on this rock more pleasurable.

By the way, where’d did you get your shoes, I love them?

One last thought: embrace life, live it, and be good to others. All others, cause if Atlanta is out of water… others may be migrating to your neighborhood soon, on a global scale.… Joe Leary has just been appraised of that.


remember you asked


the seed

*Appraised --- I’ve changed my mind… Joe, it’s far too easy and I’ve been, for many years, undervalued.

Up next: Another installment in the deliciously, salaciously, intoxicating world of Mr. X.

No comments:

Random: Photo Journey

Random: Photo Journey

birth

birth
midlife

Time

Time
blue

spies

spies
devious

Hudson

Hudson
NYC vs. Jersey

black

black
queen

industry

industry
rust

nature

nature
perfects

lips

lips
tagged

svelt

svelt
tree

drowning

drowning
love

burn

burn
gray

lone

lone
thirst

wet

wet
love boats

German

German
domesticity

going down the drain

going down the drain
flushed